Nutritious Pancake - Mini Adai
Pancakes are a universal favorite, and so here we have a typically Indian pancake recipe to love. It’s loaded with proteins from different varieties of dal, and also carbohydrates from the rice.
Ingredients: Rice - 2 cups, Channa dal - 1/2 cup, Tuvar dal - 1/2 cup, Urad dal - 1/4 cup, Salt - to taste, Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp, Curry leaves – few. For Toppings: Onion - as needed (chopped), Tomatoes - as needed, Cucumber - as needed, Dosa Molagai Podi - as needed, Cheese - as needed
1. Wash and soak the rice and dals together for 2-3 hrs. Grind with asafoetida and salt to a smooth paste.
2. Chop the curry leaves and mix with the batter. Now allow it to ferment for 3-4 hrs.
3. Heat a non stick tava, pour half a ladle of the batter on the tava to make each mini adai.
4. Top adais individually with onion, tomato, cucumber, cheese and gun powder.
5. Put a few drops of oil on each adai and cook on both sides. Serve.
Isn’t it an interesting and yummy dish? Your kiddo will enjoy it for sure!