Onion Rava Dosa
Dosas are a common breakfast item in most South Indian households as they are easy to prepare and are highly nutritious. The onion rava dosa is a healthier and tastier version of the ordinary dosa. It is made from rava or semolina which is a rich source of carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium and hence highly beneficial for your health.
Ingredients: ½ cup sooji or rava, ½ cup rice flour, 2 tbsp. maida, 1 green chilli chopped, ½ cup of chopped onions, 5-6 curry leaves chopped, ½ inch ginger chopped, water, 9-10 peppercorns crushed, chopped coriander leaves, ½ tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, ghee and salt.
1. Take the rava, rice flour, maida, chopped green chillies, onions, curry leaves, ginger, pepper corns and coriander leaves in a mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Heat a little oil and splutter the mustard and coriander seeds. Add this to the bowl containing the rest of the ingredients.
3. Pour water into the batter and prepare a batter of 2 string consistency.
4. Heat a tawa and grease it with ghee. Using a ladle pour out the batter in the shape of a dosa.
5. When the base of the dosa becomes crisp and golden, pour some ghee on the upper surface and flip it.
6. Remove from the flame when both sides are done and serve with coconut chutney or sambar.
Quick and easy to make, rava dosas are ideal for breakfast as they are delicious and highly nutritious. So you can try out this recipe to make a quick and yummy breakfast today!