Orangy Chicken Pulao
Kids generally love the tangy taste of orange. Orangy Chicken Pulao is a great idea for meal times.
Ingredients: 150gms boneless chicken breast, 1 ½ tsp light soya sauce, pepper powder, 1 tsp corn flour, 2 tbsp oil, 1 chopped onion, 1 clove of chopped garlic, 4 cloves, 4 cardamom pods, 1 small cinnamon stick, 300gms of washed and soaked rice, ½ tsp turmeric powder, salt, 1 cup peas, 1 tbsp orange zest, orange juice.
1. Take boneless sliced chicken breast.
2. Marinate for an hour in light soya sauce, pepper powder, and corn flour.
3. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the chicken pieces until it changes colour. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil and sauté onion, garlic clove, cloves, cardamom pods, and cinnamon stick.
5. Add washed and soaked rice, turmeric powder and toss well.
6. Add the chicken pieces, peas, orange zest, salt, and pepper. Toss.
7. Add the juice of 1 orange and 2 cups of water.
8. Cover and cook till rice is done.