Worried about eating street food? Here’s a recipe that will solve the problem. Palak chaat is a delicious snack item and offers loads of nutrition because it is made using palak or spinach, which is a rich source of potassium, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 12-15 palak leaves, ½ cup besan, 1 tbsp. rice flour, a pinch of turmeric, a pinch of hing, a pinch of red chilli powder, a pinch of saunf powder, ¼ tsp ajwain, salt, water, oil, 1 onion chopped, a bowl of curd, a bowl of green chutney, a bowl of sweet chutney, sev, ¼ cup of pomegranate arils, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder, 2 tsp lemon juice.
1. Clean the spinach leaves and set aside.
2. In a bowl, make a flowing batter using besan, rice flour, turmeric powder, hing, red chilli powder, saunf powder, ajwain, salt and water.
3. Dip the leaves in the batter and deep fry them in oil to make pakoras. Set aside.
4. On a plate, first lay the fritters and spread the green and sweet chutneys on top of them.
5. Sprinkle chopped onions, curd, chaat masala, cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt. Add the lemon juice.
6. Top with sev and crushed papdis. Garnish with pomegranate arils and chopped coriander leaves and serve.
This chaat is much healthier and nutritious as compared to the ones available outside. So try out this recipe today!