Spinach or palak is considered to be a reservoir of nutrients. It is a rich source of sodium, potassium, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Palak corn is an easy to prepare dish which will impart all the nutritional benefits of palak.
Ingredients: 1 bunch of spinach, 2 cups of boiled corn kernels, 1 tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of turmeric powder, ¼ tsp chilli powder, a pinch of hing, ½ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp crushed kasuri methi, ¼ cup cream, 1 onion chopped, 1 tomato chopped, 1 inch ginger chopped, 3-4 garlic cloves chopped, 2 tbsp. chopped cashews, 2 green chillies chopped, ½ tbsp. melon seeds, ½ inch ginger julienned, water and oil.
1. Blanch the spinach leaves in hot water for about 2-3 minutes. Rinse with cold water and let it soak in the water for another 2-3 minutes. Blend in a mixer and make a smooth puree out of it. Set aside.
2. Grind the chopped onions, tomato, ginger, garlic, green chillies, cashews and melon seeds in a mixer into a smooth paste. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and splutter the cumin seeds.
4. Add the ground masala paste and sauté. Add the spice powders and hing and mix well. Saute till all the spices have cooked well and the oil starts leaving the mixture.
5. Pour the spinach puree and mix well with the masala. Pour a cup of water to make a thick gravy and simmer it for about 6-7 minutes on low flame. Add the boiled corn kernels and stir well.
6. Whip the cream till it is smooth and add it to the gravy. Sprinkle kasuri methi and cook for another minute.
7. Garnish with ginger juliennes and serve with rotis, naan or rice.
Healthy and nutritious, palak corn is a great way to ensure the good health. So why not try out this recipe today and prepare this delicious dish today!