Palak Mushroom Curry
Palak Mushroom curry is a delicious dish which combines the nutritional benefits of spinach or palak and mushrooms which are reservoir of essential nutrients. Both are rich in potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, calcium, magnesium and Vitamin B6. Here’s how you can make this tasty and healthy dish at home.
Ingredients: 5 cups roughly chopped palak, 1 green chilli chopped, ½ inch ginger chopped, 2 garlic cloves chopped, 2 cups chopped mushrooms, ½ cup chopped onion, ½ cup chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic, ¼ tsp. turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ¼ tsp. garam masala powder, 1 tsp. kasuri methi crushed, ¾ cup of water, 2 tbsp. oil, 2-3 tbsp. cream, salt, ½ tsp. cumin seeds, 1 inch cinnamon, 2 green cardamoms, 3-4 cloves, 1 bay leaf, 1 black cardamom.
1. Blanch the chopped spinach leaves in warm salted water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the warm water and rinse in ice cold water.
2. Blend the leaves along with green chillies, ginger and garlic into a smooth paste and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the whole spices till they are aromatic. Add the chopped onions and sauté till they turn golden.
4. Next add the chopped tomatoes and cook till they are mushy. Add the chopped mushrooms, sauté till they release all their moisture.
5. Sprinkle kasuri methi, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder and stir well.
6. Pour in the spinach puree into the pan and stir well.
7. Add water and let the gravy simmer on low flame for about 6-7 minutes.
8. Add the fresh cream and stir the gravy well. Sprinkle salt, mix well and switch off the flame.
Palak mushroom curry is ready and can be served with rice, rotis or naan. Simple and easy to prepare, this dish will be a delightful treat. So start prepping right away!