Add the goodness of spinach or palak to rice using this recipe. Palak is a high source of manganese, copper, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, folate, Vitamin B6, riboflavin, thiamine, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, protein and dietary fibre.
Ingredients: 1 cup rice, 1 ½ tbsp. oil, half of a star anise, 2 green cardamoms, 3 cloves, 1 small cinnamon stick, ¼ tsp. cumin, 1 small bay leaf, 2 cups palak, 2-3 green chillies, 1 tsp. ginger-garlic paste, 1 onion sliced, 1 potato chopped, 1 tsp. garam masala, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt, 10-12 mint leaves, lemon juice.
1. Cook the rice and set it aside.
2. Puree the spinach leaves and set it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add the whole spices and sauté well. Next, add the onions, green chillies and sauté for a few minutes.
4. Follow this with the ginger-garlic paste and spice powders.
5. Next, add the spinach puree and mint leaves and cook. After a few minutes, stir the rice in and squeeze some lemon juice.
Cook this delicious dish at home today!