Palak soup is easy to prepare and is highly nutritious as it is made using palak or spinach, which is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, protein, Vitamin B1, zinc, phosphorus, dietary fibre, potassium, calcium, Vitamin E, Vitamin B2, copper, iron, magnesium etc. This soup is very easy to prepare and hardly takes any time.
Ingredients: 2 cups of chopped spinach, ¼ cup of chopped onions, 2-3 garlic cloves chopped, 1 tbsp gram flour, ¼ tsp. cumin powder, 1 bay leaf, 2 cups water, 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil, cream, freshly crushed black pepper, salt.
1. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the bay leaf and chopped garlic. Saute for a minute.
2. Add the chopped onions and sauté till they soften.
3. Next add the chopped spinach, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
4. Add besan and 2 cups of water. Mix well and simmer the gravy for about 5 minutes on low flame.
5. Sprinkle the cumin powder and stir well. Cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Switch off the flame and let the soup cool. Use a hand blender to churn the soup and make it smooth.
7. Put the soup back on the flame and simmer for a couple of minutes.
8. Sprinkle freshly crushed pepper on top and serve.
Palak soup is a great appetizer as it is tasty and extremely nutritious. So use this recipe and put the palak stored in your refrigerator to good use today!