Pan Fried Tofu
Tofu or bean curd is a rich source of protein, Vitamin A, calcium, iron and magnesium. Pan fried tofu is a delicious dish which is sure to become a favourite with you.
Ingredients: 3 tbsp. peanut butter, 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp. sugar, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp soy sauce, salt, 250 gm tofu, 3 tbsp. maida, 3 tbsp. cornflour, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp black pepper powder, ½ tsp soy sauce, ¼ tsp baking powder, 2 Sichuan pepper, oil, water and salt.
1. First you will have to prepare the peanut sauce. To do so, mix the vinegar, sugar and salt in a pan.
2. Bring the solution to boil and simmer for a couple of minutes.
3. Remove from the flame and add the peanut butter, soy sauce, chilli powder.
4. Stir well to mix all the ingredients together. Set aside.
5. Next, chop the tofu into small cubes. In a bowl, take the maida, corn flour, Sichuan pepper, red chilli powder, baking powder, soy sauce, water and prepare a smooth batter.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Dip the tofu pieces in the maida batter and fry till all sides are crisp and golden.
7. Drizzle with peanut sauce and serve.
Sounds perfect for an evening snack, doesn’t it? So go ahead and try this recipe out today and prepare a delicious and healthy snack!