Paneer Bhurji Gravy
Paneer or cottage cheese is rich in nutrients such as protein, calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12. Paneer bhurji is usually dry, but you can prepare gravy using this recipe. While it is delicious on one hand, it offers a whole load of nutritional benefits.
Ingredients: 200-250 gm paneer crumbled, ½ cup chopped onions, ½ cup chopped tomatoes, 1 green chilli chopped, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp garam masala powder, 3 tbsp fresh curd, ½ cup water, 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnishing, butter, ginger juliennes for garnishing, 1 inch cinnamon, 3 cloves, 2 green cardamoms, 5-6 black peppercorns, 2 bay leaves.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the whole spices. Saute till you get their aroma.
2. Add the onions and sauté till they turn golden brown. Next add the green chillies and the ginger garlic paste.
3. Saute till the paste loses its raw smell. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes become soft.
4. Add the spice powders, chopped coriander leaves and salt and mix well. Cook for a minute.
5. Keep the flame at the lowest and add curd to the spice mix in the pan and stir quickly.
6. Add half a cup of water and stir. Let the gravy simmer for a while.
7. Add the crumbled paneer to the gravy. Stir and cook till the paneer is done.
8. Switch off the flame and add the remaining chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with roti or paratha. Healthy and nutritious, this curry is the perfect side dish for breakfast or a quick brunch. So try out this recipe and enjoy the goodness of paneer in a delicious way.