Paneer Bhurji Sandwich
Looking for a quick sandwich recipe? Paneer bhurji sandwich is a simple and easy to prepare dish. It is made using paneer, which is a rich source of phosphorus, calcium, riboflavin, Vitamin D, selenium, potassium, Vitamin B12 and protein and so is extremely nutritious.
Ingredients: 200 gms paneer crumbled, 1 ½ tbsp. butter, 1/3 cup finely chopped onions, ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes, 2 green chillies chopped, 2 tsp. of chopped ginger, ¼ tsp. turmeric powder, ½ tsp. chilli powder, ¼ tsp. garam masala powder, ½ tsp. cumin seeds, 1 tbsp. of chopped coriander leaves, 8-10 slices of brown bread, butter and salt.
1. Melt butter in a pan and crackle the cumin seeds.
2. Add the finely chopped ginger and sauté till it loses its raw smell. Add the chopped onions, green chillies and sauté till the onions become translucent.
3. Sprinkle salt and mix well. Add the tomatoes and sauté for a minute. Cover the lid of the pan and let the tomatoes cook till they are pulpy and soft.
4. Add the spice powders and mix well. Saute for a couple of minutes and add salt.
5. Add the crumbled paneer, mix with the masala and add the chopped coriander leaves. Stir and remove the paneer from the pan. Set aside.
6. Take the bread pieces and spread butter on them. Layer the top of the buttered slices with the paneer bhurji with a spoon and place another slice of bread on top.
7. Grill the sandwich in a sandwich maker till they are golden and crisp.
Remove the sandwiches and serve them hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.