Want to learn a super-simple biryani recipe? This one is with paneer, packed with calcium.
Ingredients: Basmati Rice- 1 1/2 Cup, Oil- 1 tsp, Paneer- 400gms (Cubed), Onion- 1 medium (Thin sliced), Ginger– 1 tsp, Garlic paste– 1 tsp, Mint leaves- 2 Tbsp, Coriander leaves- 1 Tbsp, Tomato– 1, Salt to taste, Turmeric- 1/4 tsp. For Masala Powder: Cinnamon- 1/2 stick, Cardamom– 2, Clove– 3, Coriander seeds - 2 tsp, Jeera- 1/2 tsp, Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp. To Temper: Oil- 3 Tbsp, Bay leaf– 2, Cinnamon- 1/2 stick, Clove– 2, Cardamom– 1, Jeera- 1/2 tsp
1. Wash and soak the rice for at least 30 mins. Drain.
2. Saute the paneer cubes on medium flame and keep aside.
3. Take all the ingredients listed under "For masala powder" and roast until a nice aroma arises. Cool and grind into a coarse powder.
4. Heat oil, add the ingredients listed under "To temper". Add the onion and ginger, garlic. Saute.
5. Add the mint and coriander leaves, tomato, salt and turmeric and saute for about one minute.
6. Add 1 3/4 Cup of water with the rice. Add the prepared masala powder and fried paneer cubes. Cook until done on medium-low flame. Serve.
Great recipe, isn’t it? Cook it today and enjoy with a smile!