Try making paneer jalfrezi at home and surprise those who hate paneer. Paneer Jalfrezi is not only delicious but also highly nutritional as it offers the goodness of paneer or cottage cheese, which is a rich source of sodium, protein, calcium and Vitamin B12.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp. oil, ½ tsp. cumin seeds, 1 ¼ chopped tomatoes, 1 cup thinly sliced onions, 1 green chilli slit, 1 ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste, 1 cup chopped capsicum, ¼ cup thinly sliced tomatoes deseeded, 300 gm paneer, 1 tsp. garam masala, ½ tsp chilli powder, 2 pinches of turmeric, salt, ½ tsp. kasuri methi, coriander leaves.
1. Puree the tomatoes and set aside.
2. Fry the cumin seeds and then add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
3. Next, add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour the puree into the pan and toss in the spice powders and salt.
5. Cook for a few minutes and then add the chopped capsicum
6. Add the paneer, kasuri methi and coat in the masala well.
7. Cook for 3-4 minutes, add coriander leaves and stir.
You can easily make this dish at home and serve this yummy curry with rice or rotis. So go ahead and give it a try today!