Paneer is rich in protein, Vitamin B12, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and selenium. Paneer korma is a delicious dish that can be served with rotis, chapattis, naan or rice. Follow this recipe to make this dish at home in a restaurant style easily.
Ingredients: 20-22 almonds, ¾ onions roughly chopped, 200 gm paneer, ½ tsp shah jeera, ¼ tsp black pepper powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, 1 inch cinnamon, 2-3 green cardamoms, 4 cloves, 2-3 single strands of mace, 2 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 green chilli slit, 3 tbsp low fat cream, 1 tbsp rose water, 1 cup water, 2 tbsp ghee, a few pinches of crushed saffron, salt.
1. Blanch the almonds in hot water and leave it soaked for half an hour. After 30 minutes, peel and slice the almonds and set aside.
2. In a pan, take ¼ cup of water and add chopped onions. Simmer till the onions are soft.
3. Put the almonds along with a little water in a jar and grind to a smooth paste.
4. Add the cooked onions into the blender and grind into a smooth paste.
5. Heat ghee in a pan and add the whole spices. When you can smell the aroma, add the onion and ginger-garlic pastes.
6. Saute for a few minutes but do not brown the pastes. Next, add the almond paste and sauté.
7. Keeping the flame low, cook the paste for a couple of minutes. Add 1-2 green chillies, pepper powder and coriander powder. Saute for a minute.
8. Add curd to the mixture and stir continuously. Add a cup of water to this and let it simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
9. Add the paneer cubes and let it cook for about a minute.
10. Top off with low-fat cream and stir well
11. Switch off the flame, add rose water and stir gently.
Garnish with a few saffron strands and serve it for lunch or dinner.