Kulchas belong to the family of rotis, chappathis and other flattened breads. However, they are stuffed with different fillings and are extremely delicious. You can make healthy and delicious kulchas at home using paneer. Paneer or cottage cheese is a rich source of proteins, carbohydrates, calcium and magnesium. Here’s how you can make these kulchas easily at home in no time.
Ingredients: 1 cup atta, 1 cup maida, ¼ tsp baking soda, 2 tablespoons of curd, oil or ghee, 1 tsp sugar, salt as per taste, 200 grams of paneer, 3 tablespoons of chopped coriander, 1-2 green chillies, a pinch of red chilli, garam masala and aamchur powder, a few sesame seeds, salt, butter.
1. Take atta, maida, baking soda, curd, oil, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix it well. Add water slowly and then knead into a soft dough. Set aside for half an hour.
2. Crumble the paneer in a bowl and add the chopped coriander, green chillies, masala powders and salt and mix well.
3. Make medium size balls from the dough and roll out into small rotis. Place a little filling into the centre. Bring the edges together and seal it at the top.
4. Sprinkle a few sesame seeds and press them gently into the dough with your hands.
5. Now using a rolling pin, flatten the balls and roll out the kulchas.
6. Heat ghee or oil in a tawa and fry both sides of the kulchas till they are done.
Throw in a chunk of butter on the top of the kulcha and serve with a spicy chutney.