Paneer is a rich source of protein, Vitamin B12, phosphorus, calcium, Vitamin D, selenium, potassium and riboflavin and hence is very important for your health.
Ingredients: ¾ cups chopped onions, 1 ½ cup chopped tomatoes, ½ ginger chopped, 3-4 medium garlic chopped, 2 strands of javitri, 2-3 green cardamoms, 1 inch cinnamon, 10-12 cashews, 300 gm paneer cut into cubes, 1 ½ tsp Kashmiri chilli powder, ¼ cup low fat cream, 1 bay leaf, 1 green chilli slit, ¾ tsp kasuri methi crushed, ¼ tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp honey, 2 ½ butter at room temperature, 1 tbsp cream, 1 tbsp grated paneer, ½ inch ginger julienne, salt, water, chopped coriander leaves.
1. In a pan, cook the onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, cashews, mace strands, cinnamon, cardamoms with water for about 15 minutes on medium flame. When the tomatoes and onions have softened, remove the pan from the flame and set aside for cooling.
2. Once the masala has cooled, shift into a blender and grind into a smooth paste. Set aside.
3. Heat butter in a pan and add the bay leaf into it. Saute for a few seconds.
4. Add the paste you made and stir well. Cook on medium flame for about 20 minutes, till you see the butter leaving the sides of the masala.
5. Now add Kashmiri chilli powder and stir well. Add the slit green chilli, salt and water and mix well.
6. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, add honey and stir well.
7. Next, add the paneer cubes and simmer the gravy for a couple of minutes.
8. Mix well and add cream, garam masala and kasuri methi.
9. Simmer the gravy for a couple of minutes more and switch off the flame.
10. Garnish with cream, grated panner, ginger juliennes and chopped coriander and serve with rice or rotis.
Paneer makhanwala is a delicious dish and quite easy to prepare. So go for it and give it a try today!