Panjiri - North Indian Sweet Dish
Panjiri is a North Indian sweet dish and is filled with the goodness of whole wheat flour. Simple and quick to prepare, Panjiri is a dish that you would sure to love. Panjiri is prepared from whole wheat flour which is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, proteins, iron, Vitamin B6, magnesium and calcium.
Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat flour, ½ cup powdered sugar, 15-18 cashews chopped, 15-18 raisins pre-soaked, 4 tbsp ghee.
1. In a pan, dry roast the whole wheat flour.
2. Keep roasting till the flour changes its colour and give out its characteristic aroma. You can also check and see if it has become a little crunchy.
3. Add the ghee and mix very well. Stir.
4. Now add the chopped dry fruits into the panjiri mixture and sauté for 5-6 minutes more.
5. Remove from the flame and add the powdered sugar. Set aside for cooling
Panjiri is ready to be served. This is a delightful sweet dish, which hardly takes any time for preparation. Serve it as dessert after lunch/dinner.