Parsi Brown Rice
Parsi brown rice is a simple recipe that allows you to cook a tasty meal, while also ensuring that all gets the essential nutrients. Rice is rich in carbohydrates, proteins, magnesium and Vitamin B6.
Ingredients: 2 cups basmati rice, 2 inch cinnamon, 4-5 cloves, 4-5 green cardamoms, 4-5 peppercorns, 1 onion thinly sliced, 2 tsp sugar, 2 tbsp. ghee, 4 cups water, salt.
1. Soak the rice in water for half an hour. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add the whole spices. Saute till they are fragrant.
3. Add the onion slices and sugar and sauté till the onions caramelize. Mix well to ensure even browning of the masala. Remove a few onions for garnishing.
4. Add the rice, mix well and pour the water. Close the lid of the pan and let the rice cook.
5. Garnish with the caramelized onions.
Parsi brown rice can be served as main course.Extremely delicious and easy to prepare!