Pasta payasam is a unique dish and can serve as a satisfying, delicious and highly nutritious dessert. This payasam is made using pasta, which is a rich source of carbohydrates, dietary fibre, selenium, manganese, folate, carotenoids.
Ingredients: ¾ cup macaroni, 2 cups milk, ¼ cup jaggery syrup, butter, 2 green cardamoms finely crushed, cashews and raisins, 1 ½ tbsp. rice flour mixed with ¼ cup of milk.
1. Roast the dry fruits in ghee and set aside.
2. Boil the milk and add the pasta. Cook till the pasta is soft and tender.
3. To this add the rice flour and milk mixture. Cook for some more time till the mixture thickens.
4. Add the powdered cardamoms and stir for a couple of minutes more.
5. Switch off the flame and add the jaggery syrup. Stir well and garnish with the roasted dry fruits.
Perfect for dessert, isn’t it? Try out this recipe today and cook this yummy dessert.