Parathas are a common food item in North Indian households. It is filling, tasty and highly nutritious as it is made using whole wheat flour, which is rich in potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 tbsp. oil, ½ tsp salt, water, ghee.
1. Mix the whole wheat flour, oil and salt in a bowl. Pour water and knead into a soft dough. Set the dough aside for 30 minutes.
2. Pinch out small balls from the dough and roll into a small circle. Spread oil on the surface of this circle and fold it into half.
3. Smear this surface with oil and fold again into a triangular shape. Roll the folded triangle.
4. Heat a tava and place the paratha on it. When the base starts cooking, pour some ghee and flip it.
5. Cook both sides till you see brown spots on both surfaces.
Your paratha is ready! Serve it with dal or a vegetable curry.