Poha is considered to be one of the best breakfast options as it is a rich of iron, carbohydrates and dietary fibre. Poha dosa is delicious and highly nutritious and hence is a great option for breakfast.
Ingredients: 2 cups rice, 1 cup thick poha, 1 tbsp. urad dal, 1 cup fresh curd, 2 cups water, ¼ tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt, oil.
1. Mix water with the curd and whisk well.
2. Soak the rice, poha and urad dal in the curd-water mixture for 3 hours.
3. Drain, but retain the liquid. Grind all the other ingredients into a smooth batter with this liquid.
4. Add baking soda to the batter, mix well and ferment for about 4-5 hours.
5. Heat a tawa and pour the batter. Drizzle a little oil towards the edges and cover the dosa with a lid and cook till the base is crisp and golden.
6. Flip and cook.
Poha dosa is ready. You can serve it with coconut chutney or sambar. So go on and give this recipe a try today!