Popeye Spinach Rice
If you plan to try an iron rich rice recipe, then try this Spinach Pulao. This is easy to make, delicious, and will meet your iron requirement.
Ingredients: 2 cups spinach, 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add ¼ tsp cumin seeds, 2 green cardamoms, 3 cloves, a stick of cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 sliced onion, 1 diced medium potato, ½ tsp garam masala, a pinch of turmeric, salt, 2 cups of cooked rice and lemon.
1. Wash spinach and puree.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, green cardamoms, cloves, and a stick of cinnamon.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste and a sliced onion. Fry for some time.
4. Now add potato and sauté. Pour some water and cook till the potato is cooked.
5. Add garam masala, a pinch of turmeric, and salt. Add the spinach puree and cook for some time.
6. Add cooked rice and squeeze in a lemon. Mix well and serve.