Potatoes are a rich source of potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. Use this recipe to cook up a delicious and healthy side dish for meal.
Ingredients: 1 cup potatoes cubed, ¾ cup chopped onions, ½ cup pureed tomatoes, 1 green chilli chopped, ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp kasuri methi, 1/8 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tbsp. oil, ½ tsp. cumin seeds, ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste, a pinch of hing, salt, coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the cumin seeds.
2. Add onions and chillies and sauté. Next add the tomatoes and cook till they are pulpy.
3. Add turmeric powder and salt and sauté. Sprinkle chilli powder and stir the ingredients for 2 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add water, cover the pan with a lid and cook till the potatoes are done.
6. Sprinkle kasuri methi and coriander powder, stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve
Potato curry is ready! Make this dish at home today and serve it with rice or rotis.