Potato Curry For Masala Dosa
Do you love dosas? Here we have a yummy aloo sabzi packed with the goodness of carbohydrates, that is the perfect accompaniment to dosas.
Ingredients: 4 medium potatoes steamed, peeled and cubed, ½ cup green peas steamed, 1 onion, thinly sliced, 8 to 10 large curry leaves , 2 tablespoon chana dal, 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger, ¼ teaspoon turmeric, 1 pinch of asafoetida, ½ cup water, 1.5 tablespoon oil, salt as required
1. Soak chana dal in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds. Add cumin and chana dal. Fry for about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add ginger and onions and saute for a minute.
4. Add curry leaves, turmeric powder and asafoetida. Saute for a few seconds then add the potatoes and salt.
5. Stir and add water, enough to make the curry moist. Simmer for 3 minutes on a low flame. Serve with dosa, pooris or chapatis.
A nourishing yet tasty meal. Try it out today!