Potatoes are a rich source of potassium, sodium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and fat. Here’s a quick and easy recipe using potatoes that can be served for breakfast.
Ingredients: 2 large potatoes, ¾ tsp mustard seeds, ¾ tsp cumin seeds, a pinch of hing, ½ tsp grated ginger, 1 green chilli chopped, 10-12 curry leaves, 1 ½ tbsp. oil, ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves, ½ tsp lemon juice, grated coconut and salt.
1. Clean and peel the potatoes and cook them in a pressure cooker till they are soft and mashable. Set aside for cooling. On cooling, mash the potatoes and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds have crackled, add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
3. Add the ginger, chopped green chilli and curry leaves along with a pinch of hing.
4. Fry for about 10 seconds and add the mashed potatoes.
5. Add salt and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the coriander leaves and stir well. Saute for a couple of minutes.
6. Serve hot with roti, chapatti or rice and dal.
Easy and quick, potato podimas serve as a delicious side dish. So go ahead and try it out today and prepare a delicious side dish for lunch today!