Potates are rich in Vitamin C, dietary fibre, potassium, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Here’s an interesting way in which you can incorporate the goodness of potatoes in your diet with a tasty dish.
Ingredients: 1 cup basmati rice, 2 large potatoes, 2 tbsp oil, 1 bay leaf, 2 green cardamoms, 3 cloves, ½ inch cinnamon, ¼ tsp mustard seeds, 1 medium onion thinly seeds, 1 sprig curry leaves, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, salt, 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves, 1 medium tomato chopped, 3-4 garlic cloves chopped, ½ inch ginger chopped, 2 green chillies, ½ cup of coriander + mint leaves, ¼ tsp fennel seeds, ¼ tsp cumin seeds.
1. Soak the basmati rice in water for about 30 minutes.
2. In a chutney jar, blend tomatoes, garlic cloves, ginger, green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, fennel and cumin seeds into a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the whole spices. Saute till you can smell the aroma.
4. Add the onion slices and cook till they are light brown.
5. Add the eight to 10 curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
6. Next add the masala paste, turmeric powder and mix well.
7. Dump in the potatoes and cover with the masala paste completely. Keep on low flame till the potatoes are cooked.
8. Add the rice and cook on medium flame for about 6-7minutes.
9. Fluff the rice and garnish with chopped coriander.
Simple, isn’t it? Try it out today!