Make a delicious meal with this recipe. Potato rice offers the nutritional benefits of potatoes, which are rich sources of Vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, dietary fibre, niacin, phosphorus, manganese, Vitamin C, copper and potassium.
Ingredients: 1 cup rice, 2 cup potatoes cut into small cubes, 1 onion thinly sliced, 10-12 mint leaves, 1 green chilli slit, ½ tsp. garam masala, ¼ tsp. chilli powder, salt, oil, 1 bay leaf, 3 green cardamoms, 6 cloves, one 2” cinnamon, ½ tsp. shahi jeera, 1 star anise, 1 strand of mace.
1. Cook the rice till it is just done. Fluff and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the whole spices. Now add the onions, chopped garlic and sauté till the onions turn golden.
3. Next toss in potatoes and cook till the potatoes are done. Now add the spice powders and stir well.
4. Add the rice and stir well with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Simple and easy to cook, potato rice will become an instant hit. So go ahead and try it out today!