Potato Sev or Aloo Bhujia is a common snack item of North India. Here’s an easy recipe that will help you make potato sev easily at home. Potatoes are an essential element in your diet as they are a rich source of carbohydrates, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, iron, calcium, Vitamin B12 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup of besan, 2 medium sized potatoes, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, ¼ tsp of garam masala, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ¼ tsp of amchur powder, 1/3 tsp of black salt, ½ tsp of chaat masala, a pinch of hing, 16-18 mint leaves, oil.
1. Pressure cook the potatoes and mash them on cooling.
2. Heat some oil in a pan and add the mint leaves. Saute till the leaves dry. Remove from the flame and crush in a mortar and pestle once they have cooled.
3. Mix the crushed leaves, all the masala powders, hing, salt and besan to the mashed potatoes.
4. Knead into a soft dough.
5. Heat oil for deep frying.
6. Put the dough into a sev maker and press out the sev into the hot oil.
7. Deep fry and remove.
Quick and simple, isn’t it? Try out this recipe today and surprise all with a tasty and healthy snack!