Prawn Fried Rice
Sea food dishes should be offered to young toddlers and also adults since they are nutrient rich and offer a lot of benefits all. Prawns are a perfect source of protein and magnesium. Moreover, the presence of rice adds carbohydrates and Vitamin B-6. This dish should be preferably offered during the lunch time.
Ingredients: Basmati rice 2 cups cooked, 2 tbsp oil, garlic 5 fat cloves, 1 tbsp ginger chopped, green chili 1 chopped, ½ chopped capsicum, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp lemon juice, sugar, black pepper powder, spring onion finely chopped.
Marinate: 12 medium size prawns, salt, chili powder 1 tsp, vinegar, soy sauce 1 tsp.
1. Cook rice as per the instructions offered on the packet. Set it aside.
2. Take the prawns in a bowl and add all the ingredients required to marinate. Mix well and set aside.
3. Take oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the prawns and cook for at least 3 mins. Remove and set it aside.
4. Take a small pan to heat onions, garlic, ginger, green chilies as well as capsicum. Saute the content for a minute.
5. To this add soy sauce, salt, sugar, pepper and vinegar.
6. Next move is to add cooked prawns and toss well.
7. Final move is to add rice and allow the content to fry for 2 minutes.
Garnish the dish with spring onions.