Mint leaves are widely used in salads, chutneys and biriyani. Here’s an interesting recipe that will help you turn boring plain rice into a spicy delight. Pudina rice is also very beneficial in terms of nutrition as mint leaves are a rich source of dietary fibre, iron, calcium, manganese, potassium, magnesium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, folate and riboflavin.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups of rice, 1 cup mint leaves, handful of coriander leaves, 2-3 green chillies chopped, 1” ginger chopped, 2-3 garlic cloves chopped, 1 onion chopped, salt, oil, 2 ½ cups of water, 1-2 tbsp. lemon juice, 1 bay leaf, 1 star anise, 1 strand mace, ½ tsp. shahi jeera, 6 cloves, 2” cinnamon, 3-4 green cardamoms.
1. Grind the mint, coriander, green chillies, garlic, ginger and onion into a coarse paste and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and roast the whole spices. Add the mint mixture and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add water and salt and when it comes to a boil, add the rice.
4. Pressure cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Switch off when it is just about to whistle.
5. Remove the lid, add lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
Pudina rice is ready! Cook this healthy and delicious dish today using this recipe!