Pumpkins are a rich source of potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Pumpkin bhaji is an easy to prepare recipe and can be made at home in no time. So enhance your diet by including pumpkin through pumpkin bhaji.
Ingredients: 1.5 tbsp of oil, ½ tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 sprig of curry leaves, 1 dry red chilli, 3-4 garlic chopped, 1 pinch of hing, 300 gms of pumpkin cubed, 1 pinch of turmeric powder, ¼ cup of grated coconut, 1 tbsp of coriander leaves, salt.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard and cumin seeds.
2. Once they have spluttered add, garlic, hing, dry red chilly, turmeric powder and sauté.
3. To this add the pumpkin cubes. Place a rimmed lid on top of the pan and add water in order to produce steam inside the pan to cook the pumpkins.
4. Once the pumpkins are cooked, add grated coconut and salt and mix well.
5. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Simple and cool, isn’t it? Try this recipe today!