Punjabi Egg Curry
Egg curries are quite healthy and delicious. Egg serves as a good source of protein, Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, iron and Vitamin A. On the other hand, onion offers Vitamin B-6, Vitamin C and dietary fiber which are quite beneficial and also everyone enjoys a good Egg Curry!
Ingredients: 5 eggs, 1 ½ cup chopped onions, 1 cup tomatoes pureed, 2 tbsp. oil, 1 small bay leaf, 1 small cinnamon stick, 2 green cardamoms, 1 ½ tbsp. ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, salt, garam masala, ¼ tbsp. kasuri methi, 1 tbsp. coriander leaves chopped.
1. You need to first puree the onions and tomatoes. Keep them separately.
2. Now, boil the eggs and remove the shells. Prick them using a fork.
3. Next step is to saute the eggs in oil. Set aside.
4. Take the same pan and add cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and bay leaf.
5. Now, saute the onion paste till it turns golden.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and stir it well.
7. Add tomato puree and stir the content till it gets thick.
8. Add red chili powder, salt and garam masala.
9. Now, add water and mix it well to form a gravy. Cook it till the content becomes thick.
10. Finally, add the boiled eggs and kasuri methi. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
Serve the dish hot with roti or rice. Try it out right now!