Quick and Easy Rava Idiyappam
Made using an Idli mould, Rava String Hoopers or Idiyappam is a filling breakfast. Rava is rich in potassium, iron, and proteins, and improves cardiac health too. Snacks made out of Rava are a great energy source, quick to make, and easy on digestion.
Ingredients: 1 cup rava, 1 cup boiling water, salt, grated coconut sugar.
1. Take rava and add boiling water to it. Mix well and add salt to taste.
2. Set aside for 5-10 minutes and mix again to make it into a dough.
3. Take a chakli press and put a small portion of the dough.
4. Grease Idli moulds and heat the Idli cooker. Press the dough in the chakli press over the Idli moulds. This will look like noodles.
5. Fill up all the moulds and steam in Idli cooker for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the Idiyappam from the moulds, cool slightly and serve with sprinkled grated coconut and sugar.