Rabri - Delicious Sweet
Rabri is a popular sweet dish and is made from milk. Milk is considered to be a complete meal in itself as it is rich in potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, etc. You can easily treat everyone to delicious rabri without having to buy it from the market. With this recipe, you can effortlessly and quickly whip up this sweet dish at home.
Ingredients: 5 cups of milk, 3 tablespoons of sugar, ½ tsp cardamom powder, 12-15 strands of saffron, 1 tsp rose water, 2 tbsp each of chopped almonds and pistachios.
1. In a thick bottomed pan, heat the milk till its forms a creamy layer on top. Gently slide the layer to the side of the pan and keep stirring the milk.
2. Continue collecting the cream on the side of the pan till the milk has thickened and reduced in volume.
3. Add rose water, saffron, sugar and stir the milk.
4. Once the milk has thickened completely, mix the cream back into the milk.
5. Your rabri is ready. You can serve it hot or chilled.
This easy recipe will help you save the time and energy that you would spend in a sweet shop. So go on and give it a try today!