Ragi or nachni is highly nutritional as it is rich in carbohydrates, proteins, calcium, iron, niacin, thiamine and riboflavin and amino acids. Ragi dosa uses ragi flour, which makes the dosas much more nutritious and healthy.
Ingredients: 1 cup idli rice, ½ cup urad dal, ¼ cup poha, 1 cup ragi flour, ¼ tsp methi seeds, salt, oil and water.
1. In a bowl, soak the rice and poha in water for about 4 hours.
2. In another bowl, soak the urad dal with methi seeds for the same time.
3. Drain the water from the rice and poha and grind into a smooth batter after adding a cup of water in a mixer. Set aside.
4. Similarly, drain the water from the urad dal and methi seeds and grind them in a blender along with half a cup of batter. Set aside.
5. Take half a cup of water and mix the ragi flour in it.
6. Mix the batters together and add salt. Mix well and set aside for fermentation overnight in a warm place.
7. Heat a griddle and grease it with some oil.
8. Pour the batter using a ladle onto the hot tawa in the shape of a dosa. Watch out for the base to turn crisp and golden.
9. Drizzle a few drops of oil on the upper surface of the dosa and flip.
10. Cook both sides, remove from the flame and serve with coconut chutney or sambar.
Ideal for breakfast, ragi dosa is a delight to the palate and extremely healthy for the body. So start the day in a healthy manner by trying out this recipe today!