Rajgira or Amaranth seeds are highly nutritious because of their rich content of essential nutrients. Rajgira is rich in protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, Vitamin B6 and riboflavin. You can cook these seeds into a delicious kheer using this recipe. Rest assured, your child will love it.
Ingredients: 1/3 cup rajgira grain, 1 ½ cups of water for pressure cooking, 1 cup milk, 4-5 tbsp sugar, 12-15 cashewnuts sliced, 4-5 green cardamoms, 7-8 dried rose petals.
1. Take the rajgira seeds in a pressure cooker and add water. Cook on medium flame for about 10 minutes to ensure that the seeds have cooked well.
2. When the pressure comes down, remove the lid and add milk. Stir continuously to prevent the seeds from sticking to the bottom of the cooker. Simmer on low flame for about 7 minutes.
3. Add the sugar and stir so that all of it dissolves in the kheer.
4. Top off with chopped dry fruits, cardamom powder and rose petals.
5. Remove from flame, refrigerate for some time and serve chilled.
You can also garnish the kheer with some chopped dry fruits or saffron strands before serving. Healthy and nutritious, your child will definitely love this dessert. So go ahead and start prepping for this dish now!