Rava Dhoklas are a healthier and more nutritious version of original dhoklas as they are made from rava or semolina. Rava is rich in carbohydrate, dietary fibre, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Here’s how you can make rava dhoklas at home.
Ingredients: 2 cup fine sooji, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp sugar, 1 pinch turmeric powder, 1-1.25 tbsp baking soda, ½ tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp sesame seeds, 8-10 curry leaves, a pinch of hing, ½ tbsp. oil, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 1-2 tbsp fresh grated coconut.
1. Mix the sooji, ginger garlic paste, sugar, turmeric powder, lemon juice, water and salt to form a thick batter. Set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Prepare the steamer by heating water in it.
3. Add the baking soda to the batter and stir quickly.
4. Grease your dhokla moulds with oil and keep them ready.
5. Pour the batter into the moulds and steam the dhoklas for about 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove the dhoklas from the moulds and set them aside for cooling.
7. Heat oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds to splutter.
8. Add hing, sesame seeds and curry leaves and fry them for a while.
9. Add a little water carefully and stir. Pour the tempering onto the dhoklas.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut and serve with coriander and mint chutney.
Quick and easy, isn’t it? So treat this delicious snack by trying out this recipe today!