Rava or semolina is a rich source of carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, magnesium, Vitamin B6, iron and calcium. Rava dosas are easy to prepare and are much healthier than ordinary dosas, hence they make the perfect choice for breakfast.
Ingredients: ½ cup rava, ½ cup flour, ¼ cup maida, 2 green chillies chopped, 8-10 curry leaves, 1-2 tbsp. chopped coriander leaves, ½ tsp. crushed black pepper, ½ tsp. cumin seeds, 2 ½ cups water, salt, oil.
1. Mix the rava, flour and maida, chopped onions, green chillies, ginger, black pepper, cumin seeds and curry leaves and mix together.
2. Pour water to prepare a smooth batter. Cove the bowl and let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a griddle and pour out the batter into a dosa shape.
4. Cook the dosa on low flame and sprinkle some oil on the top when the upper surface is done.
5. When both sides have become crisp and golden, fold the dosa and remove from the stove.
6. Serve with coconut chutney or sambar.
Quick and easy to prepare, rava dosas are great for breakfast as they are filling, tasty and nutritious. So go on and give this recipe a try today!