Rava or semolina is highly nutritious as it is rich in carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, magnesium, Vitamin B6, calcium and iron. Rava idli is an easy to prepare recipe which you can make at home and treat everyone.
Ingredients: 1 cup rava, ½ cup dahi, a pinch of baking soda, 1 green chilli, ½ inch ginger finely grated, 10-12 cashews chopped, 3 tsp ghee, oil, salt, water, 1 tsp mustard seeds,1 tsp split chana dal, 10-12 curry leaves, a pinch of hing.
1. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the rava in it till it becomes aromatic and golden in colour. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, roast the cashews till they turn golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add 1 tsp oil in the same pan and heat it. Add the mustard seeds, splutter them. Add the split chana dal, curry leaves and hing and sauté till the dal becomes golden in colour.
4. In a mixing bowl, take the roasted rava, sautéed cashews, the tempered mustard-dal mix and mix well. Add water to the mix and prepare a batter of medium consistency. Set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Add a little more water to the batter if it thickens after half an hour.
6. Pour the batter into the moulds of your idli cooker. Steam for about 10 minutes to get delicious rava idlis.
7. Remove from the idli cooker and serve with coconut chutney or sambar.
This recipe is really easy to follow and you can make these delicious idlis in your kitchen in no time. So go ahead and give it a try today!