Rava Kesari is a South Indian dessert, which is not only delicious but also healthy. It is made using rava or semolina, which is rich in carbohydrate, dietary fibre, protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup fine sooji, 5-6 tbsp ghee, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups water, 2-3 pinches of saffron, ½ tsp cardamom powder, ¼ cup of chopped cashews.
1. Heat water in a vessel and allow it to come to a boil. Add saffron and sugar to the water and let it dissolve completely. If the water starts bubbling, lower the flame and let the solution to simmer.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add the semolina and cashews into it. Saute till the semolina changes its colour and the cashews turn golden.
3. Pour the bubbling sugar solution into the semolina and cook. Stir the entire mixture and allow the mixture to thicken.
4. When the semolina is cooked, switch off the flame and place a heavy lid on the pan in order to steam the rava.
5. Remove from the flame and serve hot.
Rava Kesari is a healthy and very delicious dish which can be served as a dessert. So treat to a yummy dessert after meal by trying out this recipe today!