Rava or Semolina is a rich source of potassium, iron, Vitamin B6, magnesium and calcium. Rava pongal is an easy and quick to prepare recipe that is delicious and healthy. Here is an interesting and easy way to prepare rava pongal at home in no time.
Ingredients: 3 tablespoons of moong dal, ½ cup rava, 3 tbsp ghee, 1 teaspoon slightly crushed cumin seeds, ½ tsp black pepper, 1 inch finely grated ginger, a pinch of hing, 12-15 cashews, 12 curry leaves, 2 cups of water, salt to taste.
1. Roast the moong dal till it is aromatic. Rinse and cook in a pressure cooker. Remove and mash it. Set aside.
2. Roast the rava in ghee till it is aromatic. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds and cashews. Once the cashews are brown, you can add the other ingredients.
4. Cook till the mixture comes to a boil. Add the rava, stirring continuously.
5. Add the moong dal paste and mix well. Cook for a couple of minutes.
Rava pongal is ready. Try out this recipe today!