Rava Vada is a famous south Indian dish. The recipe is quite interesting and can be managed at home. Rava is a good source of Vitamin B-6, magnesium and carbohydrates. Curd is also used in the dish which offers calcium, protein and Vitamin B-12. This dish can be offered either during lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: 1 cup rava, ½ cup yogurt, 2 tbsp. water, ¼ cup finely chopped onions, coriander leaves finely chopped, 2 green chilies, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp soda, few curry leaves chopped.
1. Soak the rava in yogurt and water for 10 min. The dough should be well bind and if it’s dry then sprinkle some water.
2. Chop chilies, onions, curry and coriander leaves. Grate the ginger as well.
3. Now, add soda, chilies, leaves, onions, ginger and salt to the soaked rava to make the dough stiff.
4. Next step is to heat oil in a deep fry pan.
5. Grease a foil.
6. Now divide the dough to 12 portions and ball small balls. Place them on the foil and flatten them to make a hole in the center.
7. Check when the oil is hot enough transfer the vada to your fingers and shake it off the fingers. Let it drop in the oil.
8. Fry them until they turn golden. Later drain them by keeping on a kitchen tissue.
9. Fry them in batches until the whole batter is used.
Serve it with chutney. Share the recipe today with friends and family.