Raw Banana Masala
The health benefits of banana are immense. You can treat your baby with this nutritious recipe called Raw Banana Masala. It is easy to make and does not require much processing. Banana is a good source of protein, Vitamin B-6, carbohydrates and magnesium. Onions are also present in the recipe which adds calcium, Vitamin C and potassium. You can serve this dish during lunch time which would be happily savored by all.
Ingredients: 2 raw bananas, 2 tbsp oil, ½ tbsp cumin, ½ tbsp mustard, 1 cup onions chopped, 1 ½ ginger garlic paste, ½ cup tomatoes, 1 tbsp garam masala, ½ coriander powder.
1. Wash and peel the bananas. Make sure you remove the inner skin completely.
2. Cube them and keep them in a pressure cooker for at least 10 minutes.
3. Take a pan and add oil. Add cumin and mustard.
4. To this add curry leaves, onion, hing and green chilies. Sauté well.
5. Now, add ginger garlic paste and fry for few more seconds.
6. Next step is to add tomatoes, turmeric and salt. Mix it well.
7. Add coriander powder, red chili powder and garam masala. Saute the content for 3 mins.
8. Add ½ cup water and stir it well. Cook until the gravy gets thick.
9. Finally add steamed bananas and stir well. Cover the pan and allow it to cook for 2 mins.
10. Cook till the water evaporates.
11. Add coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
It is a superb recipe which should be tried today!