Relishing Ragi Halwa
Treat with this super millet, Ragi. It is an excellent plant source of natural iron. It’s consumption helps in reducing anemia. If you are a sweet lover, this is a great recipe.
Ingredients: Ragi- 1 cup, Ghee- 3 to 4 tbsp, hot milk -1 cup, sugar-1/2 cup, cardamom powder- 1/4 tbsp, Dry fruits fried in ghee as required
1. Heat ghee in a pan, and add ragi flour.
2. Keep stirring the flour for 3 to 4 mins on low heat.
3. Now add sugar and stir it well.
4. Heat milk separately in another pan and add the hot milk to the above mixture.
5. Continue stirring the halwa, till it starts thickening.
6. Soon the mixture will start leaving the edges of the pan. Now sprinkle cardamom powder.
7. Garnish the halwa and allow it to cool for some time.
Ragi Halwa is ready to serve!