Rice payasam is a sweet dish that is commonly made in South Indian households. This yummy kheer offers a lot of nutrition as it is made from rice, which is rich in carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup rice, 2-3 turmeric leaves, 3 cups thin coconut milk, 3 cups thick coconut milk, ½ tsp cardamom powder, 2 cups powdered jaggery, a pinch of nutmeg powder, 2 tbsp. coconut oil, 10-12 cashews.
1. Cook the rice in a pressure cooker with the thin coconut milk.
2. Tie knots in the turmeric leaves and drop them into the cooked rice.
3. Cook the rice till it is done. Add the powdered jaggery and coconut milk and simmer for a couple of minutes.
4. In another pan, roast the cashews in ghee till they are golden. Add the cardamom and nutmeg powders to the oil and stir.
5. Pour the oil and other ingredients into the payasam.
Rice payasam is ready to be served. The perfect dessert after a hearty meal.