Rice Sevai Upma
Rice Sevai Upma is a South Indian dish usually prepared for breakfast. The recipe uses rice vermicelli, which is rich in carbohydrates, healthy fat and protein and hence is the perfect dish to start his day. This recipe is easy to prepare and requires very less time.
Ingredients: 2 cups of rice sevai, 5 cups of water for cooking the sevai, 1 tsp of mustard seeds, 2 green chillies, 1 tsp ginger finely chopped, 1 medium onion finely chopped, 8-10 curry leaves, 12-15 cashew nuts split in half, 5 tablespoons grated coconut, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves, 1 sliced lemon for garnishing, salt.
1. Boil the rice vermicelli in water on low flame for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. Once the seeds have crackled, add the cashew nuts and sauté till they have turned golden.
3. Add the ginger, green chillies, onions and curry leaves. Saute till the onions have turned translucent.
4. Now add the cooked vermicelli and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the grated coconut and stir. Remove from flame.
Add a dash of lemon juice before serving the rice sevai upma. Serve it with a tangy coconut chutney!