Roasted Tomato Soup
Tomatoes are extremely nutritional as they are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. This soup recipe uses tomatoes in a very unique fashion. It is very easy to cook and is ready in minutes.
Ingredients: 4-5 large tomatoes, 4 gms garlic, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp. black pepper, ¼ tsp sugar, ½ cup warm water, salt.
1. Slice the tomatoes and place them on a baking tray along with the garlic cloves.
2. Drizzle olive oil on top of the tomatoes and garlic and bake at 180oC for 25-30 minutes.
3. When the tomatoes are done, put them in a blender along with the garlic and its juices and blend into a smooth puree.
4. Add some crushed black pepper, salt and sugar to the blender. Blend and take out of the mixer.
5. Add hot water into the puree. Garnish with mint leaves or cream and serve.
This roasted tomato soup is great for an appetizer. Try out this recipe today!