Sabudana or sago is made of Tapioca Root is a rich source of carbohydrates, dietery fibre, Iron, copper and Phosphorous and hence is highly beneficial for health. Here is a simple way to make delicious ladoos using sabudana.
Ingredients: 1 cup sabudana, ¾ dessicated coconut, 2/3 cup powdered sugar, 6 ½ tbsp. oil, 9-10 cashews chopped, 4-5 green cardamoms powdered, ¼ tsp. grated nutmeg.
1. Roast the sabudana on low flame for half an hour till they swell up and become crunchy. Remove from the flame and set aside for cooling.
2. Once the sabudana has cooled, grind it into a fine powder.
3. Roast the dessicated coconut and add the ground sabudana powder and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
4. Heat oil in the pan and roast the cashews till they are golden. Pour the oil and cashews into the sabudana mix. Add the cardamom and nutmeg powder and let it rest for a while.
5. While it is still warm, roll out ladoos from the mixture.
Sabudana ladoos are ready to serve. These ladoos are great to be served as dessert after meals.