Sandalwood seems to be a very unlikely ingredient to be used in the kitchen. Very few know that sandalwood has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and astringent properties which are very good for the body. This sherbet recipe uses sandalwood powder which is rich potassium and calcium.
Ingredients: 150 gms of sandalwood powder, 5 cups of water, 4-5 cups of sugar.
1. Soak the sandalwood powder in water and leave it overnight.
2. Next morning, pass it through a thin muslin cloth to separate the liquid from the powder.
3. Squeeze the muslin cloth to get maximum liquid out of the sandalwood solution.
4. Heat the liquid in a pan and add sugar to it. Cook till you get a sticky mixture.
5. Pour out into a sterilized jar.
6. To prepare the sherbet, mix ¼ parts of the syrup with ¾ of water and add ice cubes and serve.
Quick and simple, this is an unusual drink that is sure to be relished. So prepare this nutritious drink today.