Savory Vegetable Clafoutis
Clafoutis, a traditional French baked dessert, can be transformed into a savoury main dish, perfect to mask the vegetables. This is an ideal way to give a good dose of veggies without them realising it.
To make a big portion of Vegetable Clafoutis:
1. Take a large bowl and wisk 4 eggs, 500 ml milk, 2 tbsp plain flour, 2 tsp Dijon or English Mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Take 300 gms of mixed fresh peas, sweet corn, chopped carrots, baby corn and beans. Blanch for 2-3 minutes then put in a baking dish.
3. Pour the batter over the veggies then sprinkle 200 gms of grated cheddar cheese.
4. Sprinkle some oregano and bake for 35-40 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees or until the clafoutis is golden brown and puffed up.
5. Serve it warm with bread.
Try this calcium rich dish for dinner today.